Visit us online at www.ErvigsOutfitters.com.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 13 2014

     When we got off the river yesterday it opened up and started raining, when I got up this morning there was 6 inches of water in the bottom of the boat. ...THATS A LOT!
     When we got to the river it had come up, not a lot but some, and it had definitely colored up. Now im not one to believe in wives tales, one of the best steelhead days I've ever had my clients had been eating bananas one after another, setting bananas down to set the hook. Then there's others such as wind from the east fish like it least, wind from the west fish like it best, the list goes on.
      My clients today we're GREAT fisherman, on the surface they play many roles, but their core is fishing, and right away they bring up the topic, will fish bite on a rising river. Now I can't tell you yes or no on that, I can tell you I've spent thousands of hours fishing in what I thought to be perfect conditions never to produce a bite. My clients today we're NOT on the fence on this theory, our river was still rising from the night before rain showers and every cast they made (despite the fact that fish were caught in front of them) was worthless effort. Now I've been on fishing trips where my heart is just not in it, for what ever reason, and I'd do about anything to swim to shore. Knowing the signs of this, that my clients were thinking of the truck not the water in front of us we made the decision to call it a morning and reschedule when conditions were more favorable.
     Now again I'm not one for wives tales, but I am one we believes in confidence, confidence in your presentation, the water your fishing, as well as the conditions, in fact I've seen more fish caught on confidence than anything else. If one is to believe in wives tales, today was Friday the 13th, maybe we were doomed from the start.