Visit us online at www.ErvigsOutfitters.com.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 27th 2014

     I took the day off to do that fun stuff, like scrubbing the boat, tying jigs and mowing the lawn. In the early afternoon the phone rings its my stepmother saying my Dad had fallen and couldn't get up I dropped what I was doing and sped the 15 miles to Dads house.
   When I got there I found him in his recliner void of all color and unable to stand on his own. I helped him into the jeep and headed to the emergency room. My dad was a smoker nearly all of his life, like any professional he started at a young age, 13, and didn't decide to quit till he was 70. Now that he's in his mid 70s the years of his smoking has caught up to him.
    My mom passed away at the age of 63, my fathers sister passed away at a young age, COPD,  the results of years of smoking.
     Once we got to the hospital where they checked him in they poked and prodded, test after test, the end result was he's paying the price for the years of smoking.
My dad was always the super outdoorsman, we worked hard his entire life and retired well in order to spend his golden years traveling. After a night in the hospital he was sent home, back to his recliner.